Friday, October 28, 2011

Back from South Sudan

We just got back to the guest house in Kenya from our trip to South Sudan. It's late...we got stuck in a crazy traffic jam, 5 hours to go 15 miles...crazy! I'm tired and can't write much now.

We had a good time in S. Sudan...not an easy trip but good. :) It was hot and humid with lots of bugs and a scorpion near my bed and a rat in Jim's bed. We ate every meal outside and even showered outside. Amazing people...the tallest I've ever seen...very happy and kind. This new country needs lots of help!

We are healthy and have one more day of going to a slum in Nairobi, Kenya and then leave here just before midnight Saturday/tomorrow to fly home. I have to admit...I'm ready for a hot bath and cooler temperatures. :)

Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment