Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Musana!

Musana is the word for Sunshine in Lusoga. The girls came up with the name because they always sang "you are my sunshine" with the kids. Three years ago three american girls started this children's home with the help of a handful of Ugandans. And now it has grown to be so much more than just a safe good home for children. They have a farm, a cafe, school, chapel....and lots of property and lots of potential! It is amazing!

When we arrived yesterday we were greeted in an amazing ceremony...they were lined up at the entrance singing and hugging us etc. Then we went into the chapel and they gave us an amazing show...the choir sang and the dancers danced and I cried...it was so wonderful! Today we got an official tour of all of Musana. I am so amazed at what God has done here through Andrea and her staff. The kids are full of joy and super sweet.

I will write more to describe it when I have more time. And I have lots of pictures and video that I will upload too. For now I have to share the internet time with everyone else so I better pass the computer on. :)

For now you can check out their website...they have some great videos and stories!
http://www.musana.org/videos.html

Thanks for praying! We are all healthy and having a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment